The 14-day Japanese diet is considered one of the healthiest in the world and for this reason, the average life expectancy of Japanese people is much higher than in the rest of the world. But why is this happening? After all, the "Japanese" promises the maximum result in the shortest time - 8 kg in two weeks and, most importantly, gives a guaranteed result that lasts for a long time.
Sometimes the writing is attributed to nutritionists from the Mayo Clinic. This compact and respected medical institution really exists. But this is not a Japanese, but an American clinic. More specifically, a network of clinical and research centers based in San Francisco. Doctors from Mayo offer many patented weight loss methods.
Japanese diet for 14 days: briefly for the main
|The result of the Japanese diet||Minus 5-8 kg|
|Specific features||Low in calories and strict, it requires a preliminary psychological attitude|
|Recommended frequency||No more than 2 times a year|
|Additional effect||Long-term maintenance of the result (subject to the correct exit from the diet)|
At the end of the diet, it is important to follow some recommendations to maintain the result for a long time. The basic principles of this method of weight loss are as follows:
- refusal of spices, salt, dominance of protein foods in the menu.
- the use of exclusively dietary dishes.
- maintaining a balanced diet in the future.
The Japanese diet is not suitable for pregnant women, nursing mothers, with gastritis and ulcers, as well as for people with liver and kidney diseases and heart disorders. Before starting a diet, you should consult your doctor!
The Japanese weight loss system is considered rigid and has a number of contraindications:
- with hypertension, heart disease, blood vessels.
- thyroid disorders;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of any complexity, kidney disease.
- when you play sports;
- hard physical and mental work.
When it comes to getting rid of the pounds gained during the holiday, it is recommended to prefer fasting days - this practice will not harm health, will not get rid of digestion and will get rid of the collected water during the holidays.
Japanese diet for 14 days: the basics of proper nutrition
The Japanese are known to have one of the highest life expectancies in the world and have very few cases of obesity, which exacerbates health problems. Japanese women live an average of 87 years and men 80 years. The longevity of the Japanese is mainly due to their healthy diet, which consists mainly of fish, vegetables and plants. One of the defining characteristics is that Japanese cuisine emphasizes quality rather than quantity.
The purpose of the Japanese diet for 14 days is to restore the reduced metabolism, thanks to the careful selection of low calorie foods on the menu. The emphasis is on small portions of fresh seasonal products. It is recommended that dieters value quality over quantity and eat slowly to appreciate the taste of food and achieve a sense of satisfaction by eating less food.
The main factor in the Japanese diet is the consumption of up to 80%. In addition, great attention is paid to the presentation and to making the food look beautiful and impressive.
Dairy products and bread are not included in the diet and when beef and chicken are included in the meals, they are considered more as a side dish than as a main meal. Fresh fruit is the preferred dessert, however if you consume a dessert with more calories, they should be consumed in very small quantities.
In Japan, breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day and is often the largest. Naomi Moriyama, in her book, introduces dieters to the idea of a Japanese energy breakfast, which consists of miso soup, rice, eggs or fish, vegetables, fruits and green tea.
Since "Japanese" is an unbalanced weight loss system, it is imperative to take vitamin complexes. In addition, for effective weight loss, you should drink a lot and drink clean water and not juices and other beverages. One and a half to two liters of water a day help remove toxins and caries products from the body.
The duration of the diet is 13 or 14 days. Some secrets we learned from the book that are no longer secrets:
- Fish, rice, vegetables, fruits and soy are the main food of the Japanese. Almost all Japanese recipes are based on these ingredients. And of course, thanks to fish, the Japanese get omega-3 fatty acids, and as you know, they affect not only the skin / hair / nails, but also the body as a whole.
- The Japanese eat only tiny dishes. The Japanese eat only tiny portions. They can eat a hamburger, but it will be a Japanese-sized hamburger. "In Japan, food is served in plates, cups and bowls that, compared to their American counterparts, are suitable for a boy with a thumb. "This is believed to increase the attractiveness of the food and reduce the portion size. The Japanese diet will allow you to restore your figure to normal, as well as improve your health in many ways.
- Japanese food is always "light". That is, instead of frying vegetables, the Japanese cook them on steam or on the grill. And the Japanese do not use any spices at all, they eat "naked" food and feel its natural taste.
- The Japanese replace bread with rice. Desserts are rarely eaten in small quantities. And they are constantly moving.
The main idea of the book is that the Japanese have a rational attitude towards food. Food is not a cult for them, they do not try to eat more and fatter (like the Americans), they rather eat to live. Speaking of Americans. The book portrays Americans as a "bad example. "Japan and America are constantly being compared. Well, Japan is definitely winning.
basic elements of the Japanese diet
Nutritionists note many advantages - "Japanese" is both low in carbohydrates and low in calories, in addition, all foods should be consumed without salt, thanks to which there is a feeling of hunger. The motto of the Japanese diet is the measure.
Given our penchant for fast and easy fast food, it is no surprise that a "Japanese" diet based on healthy eating, and not just taste, will bring significant improvements in life expectancy. The Japanese as a nation (not counting sumo wrestlers! ) Usually eat what they like, not what is advertised on television, since weight loss, which consists of unhealthy foods, obviously leads to death.
The essence of the Japanese diet is to give up salt and sugar, reduce the amount of carbohydrates and fats. It is important to follow the diet rules and menu, which is easy to find online. The only thing that can change is to alternate black coffee with green tea without sugar and add a little salt to the food every two days so that it does not spoil. Of course, you should forget about fast food, sweets, alcohol and unhealthy foods for this period.
In addition to the classic version of the Japanese diet, there is also an option in the menu of which it is recommended to drink green tea instead of coffee.
So what are the foods of the Japanese diet that are included in the diet for each day?
- Fish for health. When you think of Japanese food, you are probably thinking of sushi, which nowadays usually means raw fish and rice. Therefore, the Japanese diet is closely linked to the consumption of fish in large quantities. Fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their health benefits to the heart and even the brain.
- Less red meat. With so many fish, the Japanese are clearly fed up with eating red meat! Red meat contains saturated fats, which, if consumed in excessive amounts, can clog arteries and can also lead to obesity and heart disease. So eat more salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring and avoid red meat and possible heart attack.
- Soy products. Like fish, soy foods like tofu are also a great alternative source of protein from red meat or even dairy because they have little or no saturated fat. Soy foods help reduce heart disease and lower blood pressure. An essential element of the Japanese diet, soy foods help lower cholesterol levels and are a healthy addition to a healthy diet.
- Lots of rice. The Japanese consume rice in huge quantities, so much so that it is served with almost every meal of the day, including breakfast. As a low-fat carbohydrate, rice fills you up, so there is less room for foods that promote obesity and clog arteries. (The Japanese could improve their health by replacing brown rice with white rice. )
- Of course noodles. Japanese soba noodles are also the nation's staple food and are made from wheat and buckwheat flour, which aids in the digestion process. Soba noodles do not contain white flour and are considered significantly healthier because they are rich in fiber, which helps the body eliminate cholesterol and promotes regular bowel movements.
- There are not many vegetables. The Japanese consume large amounts of vegetables and it is not uncommon to have vegetable soup or even a salad for breakfast! "Japanese" has an advantage over the Western diet due to the high consumption of cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, cabbage and cardamom. They are rich in vitamin C and fiber and have strong anti-cancer properties. Cooking methods for vegetables include light steaming or frying, which helps maintain the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Healthy teas. Japanese green tea has many health benefits. Green tea is believed to help regulate blood pressure, lower blood sugar, boost the immune system, lower cholesterol, slow down the aging process and research has even shown that green tea can be effective incancer prevention. It is as close as possible to the elixir of life!
- Healthy desserts. The Japanese love some western desserts such as ice cream or cake, but are more likely to serve seasonal fruit on a plate of sticky caramel pudding. Even when there are western type desserts on the menu, the portion sizes will be significantly smaller.
- Small portion of food. Portions of food in Japan are smaller, which in turn reduces the burden on the digestive system. Tourists in Japan will find that when they eat in a cafe or restaurant, the food will be about half what they are used to.
- "Japanese" you. This weight loss system has undeniable health benefits that will make you live longer, look slimmer (and possibly younger) and be healthier overall. Adding plenty of fish, rice (preferably brown rice) and vegetables to your diet, as well as reducing red meat and processed foods, can drastically change your diet and health. Now go and drink some green tea!
The diet menu includes natural black coffee, so this diet is not recommended for people with cardiovascular disease. Before you start losing weight, you should consult a specialist. He may recommend replacing coffee with black or green tea. Sports, especially dynamic ones, should be postponed to a diet (daily calorie intake is lower than normal and the body will not "pull" much physical activity).
14-Day Japanese Diet Shopping List
- Fruit (except bananas and grapes) - 1 kg in total.
- Kefir - 1 liter (buy fresh, do not store it for future use! ).
- First class coffee beans or ground - 1 package.
- Seafood fillet - 2 kg.
- Fresh carrots - 2-3 kg.
- Lean beef, pulp - 1 kg.
- Green tea of your favorite variety (without additives and aromas) - 1 package.
- Zucchini, eggplants - 1 kg in total.
- Fresh chicken eggs - 2 dozen.
- Chicken fillet - 1 kg.
- White cabbage - 2 medium-sized forks.
- Tomato juice - 1 liter.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 500 ml.
- Selected lemons - 2 pcs.
Japanese diet for 14 days: full menu table
Nutritionists advise not to follow the Japanese diet for more than 14 days. You can repeat it every two years.
|Day 1||Coffee without added milk and sugar or a cup of tea||Two eggs garnished with boiled cabbage, fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 grams of any boiled lean fish|
|Day 2||Coffee without added milk and sugar or a cup of tea||200 grams of lean fish, garnish with boiled vegetables||Two eggs, cabbage stew or fresh vegetable salad|
|Day 3||Coffee or tea without added sugar, milk, a small crumb of rye bread||200 g boiled lean fish with fresh or boiled vegetables||100 grams of boiled beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|Day 4||Coffee or tea without added sugar, milk, a small crumb of rye bread||Zucchini or eggplants cooked in vegetable oil||200 grams of boiled beef with an accompanying fresh cabbage with a small amount of butter, two boiled eggs|
|Day 5||Carrot salad with lemon juice||200 grams of boiled fish with a side dish of fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 grams of any fruit, except bananas, grapes|
|Day 6||Tea or coffee without sugar and milk||200 grams of boiled beef||Two boiled eggs garnished with fresh carrots|
|Day 7||Tea or coffee without sugar and milk||200 grams of boiled chicken with an accompanying vegetable salad (cabbage, carrots, a little oil)||200 grams of any fruit, except bananas, grapes|
|Day 8||Carrot salad with lemon juice||Two boiled eggs, 50 grams of low-fat cheese, a salad with any vegetables||200 grams of beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|Day 9||Tea or coffee without added milk or sugar||200 grams of chicken fillet, carrot and cabbage salad||Two eggs, a salad of any vegetable with a little oil|
|Day 10||Coffee or tea without added sugar, milk, a small crumb of rye bread||200 g boiled lean fish with fresh or boiled vegetables||200 grams of any boiled lean fish|
|Day 11||Coffee or tea without added sugar, milk, a small crumb of rye bread||Zucchini or eggplants cooked in vegetable oil||Two eggs, cabbage stew or fresh vegetable salad|
|Day 12||Carrot salad with lemon juice||200 grams of boiled chicken with an accompanying vegetable salad (cabbage, carrots, a little oil)||100 grams of boiled beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|Day 13||Tea or coffee without added milk or sugar||200 grams of chicken fillet, a glass of tomato juice, vegetable salad||Two eggs, a salad of any vegetable with a little oil|
|Day 14||Tea or coffee without added milk or sugar||Two eggs garnished with boiled cabbage, fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 grams of any fruit, except bananas, grapes|
The number of meals in the diet is limited to breakfast, lunch and dinner, without snacks.
- you can not rearrange breakfasts and dinners or days on a diet.
- eat only products from the menu for 14 days (nothing will help without persistence).
- Cabbage and fish in the diet do not replace anything.
- Beef can be replaced 1-2 times with chicken (but not desirable).
- It is allowed to replace zucchini, squash, beets (instead of frying, this product is also baked in foil with herbs and olive oil).
General principles for getting out of the Japanese diet
If you have consistently endured all 14 days of the Japanese diet, under no circumstances should you insist on foods that are now allowed, you should get out of it gradually.
- You need to gradually return to your normal diet, gradually expanding your diet. You can add 1-2 new products to the menu every day, keeping the menu. You should start with vegetables, fruits, complex carbohydrates. Full return to normal diet should be done no earlier than 7-14 days after the end of the diet.
- The diet must be rational. Why suffer and maintain a strict diet, if the next day you start eating too much with simple carbohydrates and fats? The diet should be balanced, include a lot of protein, vitamins, fiber.
The products on which the Japanese diet is based can be left as the basis of the diet and after it. Low-fat meats and fish, vegetable salads, fresh fruit - all of which only benefit the body and help maintain a good figure. It is also worth maintaining a healthy habit of drinking plenty of fluids and minimizing the use of salt and sugar. Then and at the end of the diet, the extra pounds will not be terrible.
What results can we expect from the Japanese diet
The diet requires a lot of extra weight. For the first few days it is moist (and it will come back, so by 1-2 kg you will improve again, and this is normal). But the remaining 3-6 kg will melt without a trace. Women with 20-30 kg of overweight can get rid of at least 10 kg in two weeks.
Despite the impressive results, it is not recommended to follow this diet constantly: it is low in calories and low in nutrients, which means that it can harm women's health. The skin, nails, teeth will be damaged, the reproductive system and the gastrointestinal tract will suffer. You should not repeat the Japanese weight loss system too often: once every six months will be optimal.
Among the many diets, the Japanese diet stands out, reviews of which are often reflected. It is believed that "Japan" not only effectively relieves excess weight, but also helps to acquire good eating habits and also improves metabolism.
- First review, woman, 31 years old. "I wanted, say, to cleanse my body before the upcoming holidays and at the same time slightly correct the figure. I was surprised at the efficiency, but I was immediately upset by the way I" planted "my body. Be careful, dear ladies, before you go on such a strict diet. "
- Second review, woman, 20 years old. "But I took the risk of going on this diet for more than 14 days. I did it in vain. My metabolism was upset and now I do not know what to do about it. "
- Third review, woman, 38 years old. "I decided to lose weight after the birth of a child. I am very satisfied. Of course, I did not return to my previous forms, but I made it noticeably. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get rid of the extra inches. And try their willpower. You know"If you want something, you can fly in space. Among other things, in this diet, the abdomen tightens nicely. "
- Fourth review, woman, 28 years old. "Do not fool the body. What may be good for the Japanese, although I strongly doubt that the Japanese drink black coffee in the morning, is unacceptable to others. Of course, I survived all 14 days, but what cost me Stool problems, disgusting mood, irritability, headaches and all that to lose 5 pounds? I expected more, at least 8. The creators of the diet claim that during the diet there is a complete normalization of metabolism, which allows you to maintain a lasting result afterfor a long time, subject to a balanced diet in the future. "
- Fifth review, man, 40 years old. "And I asked my wife to lose weight. At first she resisted, she did not want to. I took her" weakly ", then it happened. At first it was difficult, but the result surprised us. Years younger. She lost 5 kilos and I started to feel great. "The interest has now overtaken me. I decided to try it for myself. Beer bellies and hanging sides like never before. "
- Sixth review, woman, 36 years old. "I have sat in a" Japanese "more than once, I really like the diet, because I lost at least 5 kg, I do not need more. The first days are very difficult without salt, so you have to make every effort not to give up"Everything and do not start eating again as before. I am a deliberate person, so I endured. The result was very happy, except for pounds, the tumors are gone, I forgot what swelling is. "
However, in any diet for weight loss, the main thing is not its name, but its effectiveness in terms of weight loss, and in this sense, reviews for those who have lost weight on this diet, as well as fornutritionists ", the comments on it, most often agree with its positive evaluation.
You need to know that any diet is a colossal stress for the body. Do not push yourself to the point of exhaustion. Treat yourself with care and understanding, who, if not you, will take care of your loved one. "Japanese" is a very strict weight loss system. It gives results in a short time, but the combination of proteins-fats-carbohydrates-vitamins is completely unbalanced.
If you still have doubts about whether you will diet or not, try to consult a dietitian. Good weight loss and good luck!